Sunday, January 18, 2009

That's me started

I've been a very good girl this morning.

I've been through the seed box, sorted out everything that I'm not going to sow this year and have packaged them up for my very good friend with a new plot. That's going in the post tomorrow.

I've also listed out exactly what I've got to sow this year and have frightenened myself already. The list is enormous and this is the new sensible me.

I've also found out that I'm a bit late with my Aquadulce Claudia broad beans and my Valdor Lettuce. So now I'm in a panic that I've not been down the shed to sort that out and have no idea whether I've got any seed compost or not. It's amazing how quickly you forget what needs done and when.

Ahhhhhhhhh the joys of crop growing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back at the helm Mrs KP.

I haven't seen you at A4A for sometime, but that's understandable.

I just wanted to say that you really inspired me when I started growing in containers, and I've now got my name down for a lottie.

Keep you're chin up, and keep going with your growing, you know it's worth it!

Jo.

MrsKP said...

Hi there Jo. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm kinda chuffed that I my haphazard old way that I've enthused someone to join in with the fun !

How long do you expect to have to wait for your lottie ? This year ?? I was so thinking of giving mine up last year, but am so glad I didn't. I'd be rubbish just sitting there with nothing to do/dig ! lol

I've fallen victim to Facebook and seem to spend rather a lot of time on there, but am going to have to ween myself off and get back to the message boards just to remind me what I'm doing !

See you soon.

xx

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't think I'll be getting an allotment this year.

To be honest, it wasn't long after starting growing in containers that I was truly bitten by the bug and put my name down for one. That was 2007 (July I think).

I keep asking the secretary how long he thinks it will be before I get one, but his answer is "How long is a piece of string?".

I know that as plots become vacant, they are dividing them up into half plots, so that makes the waiting list go down quicker, but even a quarter plot would be good.

I'm really pleased that you didn't give your lottie up last year. Things do look bleak when you're going through so much personally, and it must have been such a shock to lose your mum and your dad in such a short space of time, but you had done so much to improve your growing conditions that I'm sure you would have regretted it. In no time at all you would have been itching to get back to it, and you know what waiting lists are like now, you might have had to wait years to get another, and then all the time and effort it would have taken to get it anything like you have now!

Anyway, it's really good to see the updates on the blog again.

Keep them coming!

Jo.
xxx