Saturday, July 07, 2007

Digging in the rain

Due to the poor weather this week, and what with getting back to work etc, I've not managed to get up to the lottie to do as much as I liked. There's the big Glasgow walk today, which means the lottie will be out of bounds as the traffic around it will be hellish so jumped up there last night for an 1 1/2 hrs digging over one of the last beds to be done. I've still got those poor cabbages to get in that were donated on Plot 13 on Tuesday, bound to have got root fly by now I suppose.

Managed to get one fork in the ground before the heavens opened ! Still carried on regardless until I was thoroughly soaked and then recovered it. Will have to have a good go at that tomorrow.

Picked about a dozen strawberries but left some courgettes to become more huge !

Anyway, some pics of yesterday showing the sunflowers and weeds that seem to have put on a spurt this week and one of Ahmed's Bosnian pumpkins that doesn't seem to mind the rain.



I need to get fencing up, so I think today will be spent sourcing fence posts and pallets and would you believe it, the sun is out ! Typical.

2 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

Great post KP.....i'm excited cos i've got some courgettes forming and strawbs that are red! A little worried due to the weather though. I'd like to invite you to particpate in a meme....for more information see Random things about me meme.

MrsKP said...

Computer says NO ! Can't find the page :-(