Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Rain stopped play

Ran up the lottie for an hour yesterday to take up some bricks, wood and a bag of stuff for the compost bin.

I managed to weed the onion bed and beetroot before the rain fell. You can't really see it in the pics so you'll think I'm making it up, but believe me, it was raining and there was lots of it so we didn't stay long.


Cut two huge courgettes that I missed a couple of days befefore, noticed some nice sized beetroot, beans are struggling up the poles and strawberries seem to have taken nicely. I think that planting through the fabric is a much better way of keeping the fruit clean that the straw method used at home. Some nice soul left a load of plants sitting on the communal plot for anyone to take, so I grabbed half a dozen cabbages. Didn't manage to get them in though, need to clear another bit of ground first.

After the last couple of weeks activities, I'm just so bloody popped though. I've got to get back in the swing of things and when the weeds let me, I'll have another damn good concentrated bash.

On Sunday (which is why the ground is dry) I took a couple of pics to get a website mocked up by the OH. People at the committee meeting seemed quite keen. Won't be anything flash but it will get us a presence on the net. Here's our front gates.



Got to build some fences though and have no idea where to start ! Want to keep cost to a minimum but the OH isn't keen on skip raiding. Ah well I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Hope the water is draining where you are.


xxx

No comments: