Saturday, September 01, 2007

After 2 good days, you must expect a bad one

Another early start was held back due to well meaning and friendly neighbourhood chats ! One mustn't grumble, but I almost felt like thrusting a drill in their hand and asking them to carry on drilling whilst chatting !

Still, eventually got bed no. 4 completed and in position. Digging the channel round the edge took up as much time as putting the thing together. My wrists are so sore that I was having trouble tightening the chuck though, so ended up swearing rather a lot and two broken bits!

Relaid the weed suppressant paths in between the new beds and down the centre as things were starting to look messy. I've only got 13" paths but won't be needing to get up there with barrows and stuff so I'm hoping that will be wide enough.

Had to give everything a water which took ages. We've not had any rain for ages now and that's the two butts empty which means the hoses will have to go up soon. The ground is really dry a very long way down and some of the flowers were starting to wilt.

Forgot to take a pick of the new bed. It was some effort laying it over the broad beans without chopping their heads off, I can tell you lol.

Had to water everything on the plot when I got home as well, so when I finally sat/fell down it was about 7pm. Stuck the drill on charge again and then lit a fag. Smelt this funny smell like burning plastic. Shot up off the sofa looking to see what I'd burnt, couldn't find anything, sat down again, more smelling, looked up to see smoke pouring from the spare bedroom. Jesus H ! Ran in to find the battery charger for the drill had melted ! So it will be back to the hardware shop today to get a refund. Don't fancy an exchange for a similar brand, so my £17.99 bargain is going to turn into a more expensive outlay. I just knew it lmao. Now that I've found how easy it is to drill with leccy, I don't fancy a manual drill though, so just going to do the banking in a mo and find out if I've got any spare cash for a tried and trusted make. B&Q here I come. No doubt I'll get a bag of compost (or 3) as well.

:-)

No comments: