Saturday, September 01, 2007

A better day yesterday

Managed to get the exploding drill refunded with no argument (well there shouldn't have been one, but you're always surprised when something is how it should be), so went off up to B&Q and got a basic standard cordless variety for less than £8 in the sale. Ok, it didn't come with any bits or a case, but I can raid the M-I-L's for bits and I've got a spare tool box that's going to be half-hinched for the lottie ! Result !

Weather was a bit overcast and drizzly, but I wanted to get up there and bring home my other bag of tools and a couple of other bits and pieces that I'd left in the shed. I'll not be able to get up there on Sunday due to the fuschia show that my good mate Bob is exhibiting at, so needed to get up just for a visit if nothing else.

However, with the aid of the OH, I actually got two fence posts and got one pallet in their final position. I really really like my window box idea even more now that I've remembered I've got dozens of primroses, wallflowers and pansies to find a home for. I collected the box of primroses from the post office early morning and they are resting quietly in the kitchen. Forgot to take pics again doh ! Once everything has had a coat of forest green pain, it will look fabby.

The lovely Betty had been happy snapping in the week and sent me these pics yesterday which was grand as thinking about it, I don't actually have any pics of me on site. I might have been making it all up for all you know ! lol

It looks really windy and rainy out there this morning. Exactly what I don't need for my drive east, but will hopefully have given all the babies a bit of a drink. Let's hope the fence is still standing when I get back up to the lottie.

No comments: