Wednesday, August 01, 2007

and another weekend bit the dust !

Our mate from Swansea dropped in for the first time in a few years, so obviously lottying and blogging took a back seat again .............

Popped up to the lottie tonight though not knowing what I'd find, but was pleasantly surprised. Yeah there were weeds, but I've figured that I'm never going to get them all out so just go for the worst ones.

The weather has been pretty good, when the sun is out, it's very warm, the occasional shower just to keep everything ticking over nicely. Not much water left in the butts though, so will have to take the hoses up sometime soon. Was pretty windy last night but no damage of note.

Everything is growing away merrily and I managed to bring home a carrier bag worth for tea. Going to have to get myself a trug (?).

Here we go ................ hold on tight ..................






The pumpkin patch ......how many should you leave on one plant ? I seem to have at least four one one plant ! These are all Ahmed's Bosnain's ... I think.






Courgettes akimbo













The flower beds







The Supersprout Bean Trellis




From the front



From the back





The leeks




The hunions



The cabbages and swede






All the colours of the rainbow ... Chard. Had some for tea tonight and was quite impressed. Mind you a whole bucket load disappeared into about two spoons worth. Good job we liked it though as we've got it from now til the frosts lmao. The beetroot is looking good as well, those that mr sluggy hasn't chomped. Have you seen the way a slug can gnaw at a beetroot ???





The cut and come again





The broadies






The end ............ for now !


xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs KP

Your veggies and allotment look amazing for someone who has only just got it. I wish you all the luck in the world.

MrsKP said...

Many thanks stringbean. I've enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

Other plot holders keep trying to encourage me to take on bigger plots as they come up for transfer but I feel my ickle one suits me just fine. The threat of winter flooding has me slightly worried, but I shall see how this winter goes before I make up my mind. I like my wee kingdom and once the fences are up, I won't feel so exposed either.

The raised beds (and fence) are next on the list. Now to figure out how to work a drill.

:-)