Monday, August 20, 2007

Hi hunny - I'm home!

Had a couple of days away with bessie mate darn sarf to watch Prince at the O2 arena which was tremendous. We now know how to navigate the Docklands Light Railway so if anyone needs directions - just ask! Oh and don't bother going to Greenwich. Not how I remembered it at all.

Anyway, back to the lottie. Got up there yesterday having spent some time on the plot catching up. Nice Mr Man with the greenhouse told me that I'd been flooded in the morning. Sure enough when I looked down the two post holes (carefully covered with pallets just incase anyone decided to fall in) they were still half full with water.

Still the leeks looked as though they'd enjoyed the experience and Ahmed's Bosnian pumpkin has just exploded. Sadly no fruit growing to speak of though. Cut a couple of rotting ones off and recycled them in the compost bin.

Had a bit of a weed and sure enough there was evidence of the tide line on some of the higher leaves. Managed to cut another bag of courgettes and even some runner beans to take home though.

Thinking about the flooding, I've definitely got to get some raised beds sorted out. Had a wander down the shed on the plot this morning and figured I've got enough cut wood there to make a 4'x4'x1' bed. Going to find some battens and make it into a square foot gardening thingy like good old Mel B suggests (no - not the Spice Girls). 4'x4' didn't really fit into my plan anywhere, but the wood is already cut to that length (well most of it) and rather than mess about too much I will just have to find a way to accommodate it.

Saw one of the chappies building a fence with good old post fix cement and now I've seen one doing it, and what with the flooded holes, I think this is definitely the way to go. So I'm going to dig out the post that's already in and replace it with an 8' one to give me a nice tall fence on that side. I'll save the shorter posts for the front of the lottie. Just need the OH to come and give me a hand. My daughter is up next weekend, I wonder if she'd help. Joke time - aye very good .........

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed again atm. So much do to. Still it will keep me out of trouble - ha !

No comments: