Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Busy bee today

Up at the crack of, gave 8 x 5' boards two coats of shed paint (plant friendly), made a work bench (instructions were crap, took me a good bit of logic and a few hours to work it out), went to get a hand drill for the lottie, ended up with a cheapo rechargeable leccy one ! Let's hope it works cos tomorrow the wood is arriving (had a call from the driver tonight - wood will be there about 8am. I told him, once he hits the speed bump - which he will - to give me a toot on the horn and I'll come to the gate. The drill is on charge anyway as is the leccy screwdriver.

Took the boards, paint, compost in waiting, 5 bags of topsoil (for a tenner) and a load of newspapers up there, all ready for tomorrow.

Let the fun begin! If all goes well, I'll have the 5'x5' and an 8'x4' finished tomorrow. The 5'x5' can just lay around the leeks for the time being and the 8'x4' will be filled ready for ...... something ............ possibly the broad beans - was going to say garlic there, but obviously I can't put the garlic where the onions have just come out of, even with a few inches of top soil over the top, I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Oh and I have rust on my broad beans, and a bit on the climbers too .... I shall rid and destroy tomorrow.

Oh, Oh - AND I cut the bottom foot of the front hedge at the plot to try and stop all the rubbish from the school up the road getting caught underneath it, AND swept the pavement of litter AND the road. I now have a clean frontage, I can sleep happy tonight.

Now for tea and then to watch the football. Will be home in bed by 10pm ready for the excitement of tomorrow.

Pics to follow - be sure of it.

:-)

No comments: