Sunday, August 05, 2007

Things are sent to try you - aren't they ?

Yesterday loaded up the car with a shed load of bricks, concrete kerbing stones, pallets and bag for the compost heap and ....................... Pollok Park had their family day and wouldn't let me in with the car. I held my tongue (it wasn't jobsworth's fault, it was what he'd been told to do - keep cars away - even though there were no pedestrian's in sight that I could knock over).

So turned the car round, headed home and gave the shed a good old spring clean. Can't sit still for 5 mins. born with ants in my pants I think.

Had a committee meeting today so was up the lottie early with aforementioned car load of gear, unloaded that, loaded the car with weeds in bags, went to the dump, nicked some more bricks and pine from a double bed that had been slung out (with a bit of treatment there's enough there for a good height raised bed) came home, had a cuppa and a fag, got my meeting stuff together, went out the front door .............. left the keys inside. Had to wake up the OH to let me in (soaking wet cos it was pouring), but at least that got him up.

He's been working on a web-site for the lottie and I'd have only had to come back and get him anyway, so it was good timing really.

Of course with the rain today, by the time I got back up to the lottie, the paths had loads of puddles so took off the lids to the butts to catch the water more quickly. The stink coming out of the comfrey but was fairly strong ! Laid out the newly acquired bricks and tried to make some of the seats in the shed dry for the cttee. Had meeting, presented web-site, cut some courgettes and lettuce, came home. It really was tiddling down by this time.

Been working on the web-site ever since. As soon as I've got a URL I'll proudly proclaim it open and post a link to it. It's rather nice, and he's very clever, and I'm admin !!! I've always wanted to be a site admin lmao. I've spent the last few hours sticking links up.

Oh and if anyone is in the Pollok Park area, it's our open day on the 12th August, feel free to pop along. Plot 38 is mine (note to self - must get a sign up) but find the committee hut and you'll find my plot.

No comments: