Monday, May 28, 2007

Another full day

Was up at the lottie at 9am and finished up at 5pm. Better than a day in the office any day.

Quite a few more peeps up there today who all seemed very friendly but all wanted to tell me that this corner of the site flooded. Met the woman who put the spuds on my patch last year and thanked her for doing the digging. Apparently last year it was like concrete !

The father-in-law rescued me from endless chat, by having a limited chat. He was out for a walk. He declined my kind offer to keep him busy for the day however.

Was extremely chilly at home this morning as I opened up, but the day was pleasantly mild with a couple of light showers and one downpour just before I packed up for the day.

Rescued a panel of corrugated sheeting from the skip which can be used to keep next door's weeds out.

That's another bed fully dug (although I have a suspicion that they might be some more roots lurking deep down. So that's two full beds, and two flattened and levelled paths. If the temperature warms up a bit this week, I'll get the courgettes and beans in. If I've measured up correctly I can now get 5 beds down each side. I'll find out when I get to No. 5 lol.

So here's my progress ........ can you tell where we shop ?











Oh and I found out that the black plastic was folded in half ! Dozy mare !

No comments: