Wednesday, May 30, 2007

There's good news ........... and bad

Never start with the bad, so the good news is I HAVE BABIES IN SOIL ! Ran up to the lottie after work, thought I'd managed to find all the courgettes lying about the g/h ........ WRONG ! I missed one. He'll just have to go in with the squash ! I felt really good once they were in. Felt as if I'd made a decent amount of progress in the last two weeks or so.

Found some more weeds as I was preparing the holes, but as my new hoe came today as well, that's them taken care of. So here's my babies and just in, and one with them tucked up for the night. I still don't trust them out in the open. To celebrate this massive occasion, I opened a new pack of fleece ! Even the wind stayed away while I laid it out. I thought that had to be a good sign !









Now for the bad news .................... at least two of the courgettes have mosaic virus ! Obviously I didn't know this before I planted them, and I've been told that it won't affect my yield. BUT HOW WILL IT AFFECT MY PLOT and what am I supposed to do with this new found knowledge?

I was up, now I'm not.

I'm more worried about the toms in the g/h that the affected plants shared with for a while.

Here's one of the diseased babes. Now what do I do ?

Answers please.

No comments: