Saturday, June 02, 2007

Things are looking up

Thanks to the lovely Jeannine I am no longer too worried about the courgettes. She says it's not mosaic virus. I choose to believe her.

I'll keep an eye on them though to see what happens.

Bright sunshiney morning yesterday, so wangled it with the boss and took the afternoon off and was up the lottie by 12.30pm. Predictably, the sun went in but the rain held off until I was back in the car at 4.45pm and then it fell down.

The first bean bed is already showing signs of new weeds sprouting, so I'll take the new hoe up there today and have a wee practice.

Second bean bed is now ready. The plans have been thrown out the window as they have changed direction totally. Will get the new one done in a mo as I have ........ lost the camera!

Had a little visitor when I pulled the weed suppressant back on Thursday, he was so well camouflaged that he nearly bit the dust with just one dig of a spade. I am now learning to look before I dig !


Went up to my fave shop in the whole wide world on my way home (except it's a few miles in the wrong direction) and bought myself an "active" water butt ! Neither I, nor the friendly assistant knew what was active about it (he suggested it might grow legs) but for £13 (with 15% discount that I had to ask for) I wasn't particularly bothered. Went home, collected the OH, took the new goodies back up to save them staying in the car overnight. New canes, some compost, new butt .... sorted. Now to try and figure out how to fill the butt from the stand pipe. The lovely Mr Sec's hose isn't long enough, so I'll take mine up there and try and figure the connections !

Bought some new jigsaw blades so the OH can get started on the bed edging and I'm taking my half baked leaf mould up today to go in the bottom of the bean beds, which means more digging ! Ugh ! Still it will give me another opportunity to get rid of more weeds that I haven't found yet.

Am as happy as a pig in muck!

No comments: