Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beginning to take shape

An absolutely beautiful afternoon saw me rushing away early from work, car packed with beetroot and away up the lottie I ran.

More gushing praise from another allotmenteer wasted 10 mins of hard work. A fence must be built and quickly. I know it's good to talk but not when I've still got digging to be done !

The first half is almost there. The two nearest beds could do with a heavy dig over but that's just where we've been treading all over them . I think they're basically ready to plant. Leeks tomorrow I think, that should keep me busy for a few hours !

Here's today's endeavours.

Looking up the plot, wee flower bed emerging around the water butt.












Two rows of beetroot leaving me another half of a bed to play with.









Water butt again, with a path around it, leaving me with an oddly shaped, but useful bed next to it.









The new beetroot bed and courgettes which seem to be taking well. People are impressed with those !









Supersprout's Gigantes beans, still being hardened off (as they'd come straight from the spare room !).









So at least I have paths where the paths are meant to be. Now to plant up that side and start working on the rest.

Chuffed.

2 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

Wow KP you have been busy...i'm really jealous of your lottie it looks fantastic.

MrsKP said...

Cheers m'dear. It is only ickle, but manageable ! I think I would have been overwhelmed if I'd have taken on a whole plot, so it must have been fate that my ickle one was on offer.

Small is beautiful.