Friday, June 22, 2007

Now I understand why people moan about weeds

When I started the plot at home, al the beds were made up mainly of imported compost and have remained more or less weed free for a year. When I saw one, I lifted it, no probs.

But the lottie is a different experience. Go away for a day, turn round and millions of the things have sprouted !

Went up there last night to discover the beginnings of a lovely green carpet, which isn't in the rotation plan ! Covered the bean beds with a couple of layers of newspaper, soaked, then topped that with the home grown compost. Of course the two bags went absolutely nowhere and only provided about 1/2" over the two beds.

I have definitely got to get something sorted though and soon. Cut a few courgettes and tried to have a bit of a hoe, trouble is that I'm scared of chopping straight through what shouldn't be chopped !

Fellow allotmenteer told me that there are 3 plots up for transfer and I should go for number 65. Nice situation and twice as big as mine. Lordy B man, I've still not got mine under control yet ! Apparently the rain soaked my leek bed while I wasn't there and John was quite worried on my behalf that they'd drowned. One of the holes seems to have collapsed but otherwise it looked drained enoughwhen I got there.

Anyway here's some pics ............ won't get back up there until Monday and by that time, heavens knows what I'll find !

Found some poppy petals which I thought had blown in from next door, then I looked and found my one poppy had already bloomed in my absence. Hmmmph.

Came home with three courgettes so was happy overall.

Have a good weekend folks.

3 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

It's looking fab i must say, know what you mean about the weeds, cleaned the beds in that nice weather we had and after all this rain there's more popping up...tut!

MrsKP said...

And they're so FAST ! Just wish the onions would settle in as fast as all the greenery that was sprouting up around them !! A fellow allotmenteer said as much today when I spoke to her. She'd not been up for a few days and she was sure that they were growing faster than she could hoe!

Weeds and wasps. What's the point ? :-)

Anonymous said...

Вебмастер и читатели играют в прятки. Все пишут и пишут, а правитель прячется сиречь партизан. [url=http://dolgoletie66.ru/user/Marusma/]Лескова[/url] [url=http://dolgoletie66.ru/user/Marusma/]Ульяна[/url] [url=http://chunpeng.info/viewthread.php?tid=2661829&extra=]Благодарствую, полезная вещь.[/url]