Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I had some help today !

Was up the lottie today doing a bit of this and that and had a little helper ! Don't you think she did well!


Mulched the courgettes with the grass cut yesterday at home. Never have I been quite so keen to get the lawn mower out before. Apparently we had a break-in on the lottie on Friday and one of my courgettes got lifted and just sat on the soil (nearest plant in the pic)! Now WHAT was the point in that. The nice lad two plots up kindly replanted it for me (remember I was down south at the weekend). It still looked a bit limp today, but then it was roasting, so I gave it a good drink and hope that it picks up.



Nice Mrs Ex Treasurer gave me some rainbow chard and eight strawberry plants, so in they went.




"Lovely Lad" asked if I wanted some swede as transplants. Do I ?? Bite your hand off. Only trouble is I need to dig the final bit of ground and quick.

Hand weeded round the courgettes and onions and gave the rest a good hoeing. Little helper sprayed all the beans with a washing up solution to get shot of some of the aphids that had put in an appearance.





Going to take up some bronze fennel that's been busily growing in a pot on the plot, just to fill in some of the empty space.


Nice sunny day today and everything seemed to be growing well, especially the weeds. We have rain forecast for the rest of the week though, I just hope that we don't suffer as badly as the poor peeps of Sheffield and beyond. Must be a nightmare for them.

I'm getting my list of "must haves" together for next season. Despite much temptation, I don't think I'll be moving lottie, I just want to get my current empire waterproof and weed free. Get the raised beds built and the paths more permanent. After all, I'm not in this to feed the neighbourhood, just to keep me out of trouble.

And a special mention goes out to Alex who's none too good atm. Thinking of you and sending peaceful wishes.

Just a reminder that we have to live it large and live it now!

xxxxxx

2 comments:

Ziggywigs said...

Great post Kay Pee, we've been washed out up here, garden is a pond and the plants are really suffering, starting to go yellow looking....the brassicas are loving it too...hope it's a bit drier in your part of the world!

MrsKP said...

Hi love, it's still grey here but pretty dry. We had a wet weekend but reasonably so.

Little helper managed to get back south ok yesterday despite being left to cope alone once she'd got off the aircraft at Gatwick. A letter will be sent.

Sadly Alec didn't make it and we have to go and say goodbye to him today.

Will try and get up the lottie afterwards and assess progress/damage.

I think we're all going to have to concentrate on building high raised beds for the forseeable future. I've a supply of tyres from my car mechanic that can be used. Don't know what the rest of the lottie will make of them though lol

Hugs xxxxx