Sunday, June 03, 2007

I promised myself I wouldn't

So what did I do? I did !

You are now looking at a new committee member of the South Western Allotments Association. Don't think it's going to be as busy as it might sound though. One meeting a month in MY hut !

A new Chairman who wants to keep meetings to a strict time limit (suits me), some very nice co-victims. The good news was that I narrowly avoided being appointed as treasurer and the lovely Mr Sec asked me if I wanted the job ! Appears to be a lot of familiar faces that I've met already.

My thought process said, if you're not in it, you can't moan about what goes on ! Dues stayed at £22 (I think).

Rain stopped play today, but on the way to the meeting, I delivered a couple of trays of things to plant out as soon as I get up there next. No danger of them drying out ! Noticed a couple of puddles on the paths so they need to be built up a bit and levelled. All the beds dug so far showed good drainage though.

Spent a fairly productive day on the plot instead.

Have a look over there and see what I pulled !


No comments: