Saturday, June 02, 2007

"Gosh, you're doing well"

I know they're trying to encourage me, but I've heard it a dozen times now and I'm beginning to believe them.

Meeting loads of new people. Having the plot next to the lovely Mr Sec is slightly busier than I'd anticipated! Loads of people come looking for him when he's not there, and then they all come back for a cuppa when he is ! I don't think I've actually seen him do any work on the plot yet lol. He keeps saying he'd going to clear his border, I think I'm putting him to shame !

So ......... today I:

  1. Dug out one of the bean trenches, half-filled with with half-cooked leaf mould, refilled and put up a trellis. Very sturdy if I say so myself. Tried to erect a second one but two canes snapped ! Feel like waving them under a B&Q assistant's nose but as they'll be used for something, I shan't! Need to go up and get another pack of 10 canes though.
  2. Was told that my courgettes are probably planted too close ... ah well. I have two babies though, must keep an eye on them to see if they grow before they rot !
  3. Cleared another bed so am going to put a couple of rows of beetroot in there tomorrow.
  4. Buried the water butt about 9" deep and 3/4 filled it with water. Now it's being left to it's own devices. The hose was about 4' short of the butt so I had to aim the water in.
  5. Broke the stand pipe tap ! Oops ! Mended it (after a fashion). Need to get some of that white plumbing stuff out of the cupboard and put that on, but the nut needs a tighten first.
  6. Planted some calendula to provide a bit of colour.
  7. Chicken pelletted all the beds that have been cleared.
  8. Cleared the centre path so at least we have a main route in and out now so we don't have to watch where we tread.
  9. Started piling up the carrier bags ready for removal to the dump.
  10. Tidied the hut up a bit. For some reason a lad who had borrowed the communal wheel barrow put it inside the hut ! Perhaps his dad had told him to, so I stuck that back outside covering the carriers .... at least they're camouflaged.
So here's the proof ...






















































So by virtue of the fact that I can't move, tomorrow is a planting day (as well as the AGM - should be interesting).

And with that, I'm off to snore !

No comments: