Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hitting a brick wall

That's what it felt like last night. Spent a couple of hours up at the lottie, watering the cracks in the ground (yes we had cracks).

Digging over the leek bed and produced another bucket of stones and weeds, then gave it a good old rake. Don't think I'm finished there yet though. As I walked past a neighbour's bin yesterday, there were two good sized sturdy flat boards just right for flattening, they are now in the hut ! I know where there's a skip full of wood too. May have a drive past at the weekend.

Had the foresight to leave the tops off the water butts and lo ! we had rain last night, and lots of it (which of course will make the weeds grow as much as the veg, but heh ho !).

Everything apart from one poached egg plant looked as if it was bedding in well, but I really need to think about mulching and bed edging and it's harder to tell new weeds from new beetroot that I had thought !

Had a walk round the long way as I left so have a nosey in other people's plots ! I think the plant of choice is ..... weed ! I feel better now.

No comments: