Saturday, May 19, 2007

Come on in, the soil's lovely !


Really easy to dig, fair few weeds, but apart from the thistles which go on for miles and some other beasts with no name, easy to come out! The OH came back up with me after the football (well done to the Chelsk) so we spent about an hour up there in the sun ! Hopefully tomorrow, will see enough dug to get something planted. Rather cleverly, we've cleared the patch where the water butt is planned for !

Can't wait to get the courgettes in there though, I think they'll love it.

5 comments:

tai haku said...

Ooh that does look good stuff! Shame about the lawn of weeds you're going to have to get through to get at it! Seriously though I'm sure you're beans, squash and courgettes will absolutley romp away on that.

MrsKP said...

We were both up there again this afternoon, and when we left, it looked as if we'd hardly touched it ! Still, the compost bin is now up !

Pics and full story to follow.

Emma Jane said...

Great looking soil there Mrs. Congratulations on getting your plot. It doesn't look in to bad a shape. With all this rain and warmth the weeds are growing at quite a rate of knots, but once you start getting your plants in you will be away. Now you have cleared a bit, I would get something in! I planted as I went and it was very satisfying looking back at my plants rather than looking forwards at the weeds. Can't wait to see more snaps!

EJ

glosterwomble said...

WOW I want a hut like yours!!!!!!

MrsKP said...

Ha ! The roof leaks like a sieve and the floor's rotten, and I have to share it with the committee, but it gives me somewhere to store one or two tools and let's me get changed after work. It'll do for me chuck !

:-)