Saturday, May 19, 2007

Soil has been broken !

Only to push some bamboo marker sticks in, but I have now officially started.

Intermittent lashing rain, but quite warm ... thankfully.

I now have the proper measurements and have marked out the boundaries.

A nice lady a little drive away has got 3 posts for me (it always pays to ask nicely I find), and my lovely Mr Sec left a bag of onion sets for me in the hut (which has a leaky roof). How nice is that ?

I took the boundaries as far as I could go without hitting concrete (:-O ?) but that was near the path so I guess it's the foundations for that. The actual soil is really soft, but not puddling and considering the rain we're having just now, that's a bonus ! The golf course across the road, has worse drainage problems than I do by the looks of things as one of the greens was halfway under water.

More photos taken, will just get myself a cuppa and put them up.

No comments: